Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Return . . . . . .

It is December already!!!  Time just flew past without realizing how quick and fast pace the society we are living in.  You must be wondering why I have not been updating this blog since my last post.  Partly was due to time factor - juggling between work, renovation, gardening with a wee bit of laziness.  However, but I do have more recipes added to my kitchen's library.

Since we are truly in the mist of festive season, not just Christmas but also Chanukah, and Chinese Winter Solstice Festival - 冬至(dōngzhì) - aka Chinese Thanksgiving Day,  I would be delighted to share some of my favourite festive food that I would make to celebrate each of them respectively.  I promise that these recipes definitely to be proud of and deliciously too.

The recipe will be lined up to the order of which festival comes first.  For this year
  • Chanukah starts from sunset 20th December until sunset 28th December, then
  • Chinese Winter Solstice Festival falls on the 22nd December, and finally
  • Christmas Day is definitely on the 25th December.
So the first recipe comes into my mind for Chanukah is my scrumptious Potato Pancakes with Onion and Horseradish Cream.  It is so easy to make and not easy NOT to eat them too.

For the Chinese Winter Solstice Festival, I am going to share an intimate recipe with you.  I am going to call this particular recipe "My Family Tang-Yuan".

Lastly to celebrate Christmas, a moist, light and delightfully Christmas cake.  This cake is easy and hassle free, best of all you can make this cake just a day before Christmas or at anytime throughout the year.

For further reading:
Gingko Biloba: An Herbal Foundation of Youth For Your Brain     Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen: Recipes from the East for Health, Healing, and Long Life    The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook    The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen: Classic Family Recipes for Celebration and Healing

No comments:

Post a Comment